Simple Steps on How to Do Factory Reset on Android Smartphone
- 7 Settings You Must Do After Buying A New Android Phone
- Other Ways You Can Use Your Old Smartphone Without Throwing It Away
How to factory reset android smartphone through Settings:
How to factory data reset an Android phone using Recovery Mode:
Check Out 7 New Features Added to the Latest Whatsapp Update You Did Not Know About in 2023
Over the years, just like every other apps, WhatsApp has always been rolling out new updates to their apps.
Why do they do this?
Most of this new features are not really noticeable because of the fact that they are upgrades of already existing features on the app, while there are very few noticeable features that arrived on the WhatsApp app for the first time.
1. You can now add captions when sending documents.
2. Added support for longer group subjects and descriptions to better describe your group.
3. You can now send up to 100 photos / videos at once.
4. You can now create personalized avatars and use them as stickers and profile photos.
5. Voice Status update.
- Swipe left to the status tab
- Click on the pen icon as if you want to type something,
- Instead of typing, just press and hold the mic icon which is located at the right side of your screen.
- The recording will start automatically.
6. Deleting selected Images/Photos select for status update by just touching them.
Hope you learnt something new today?
How To Get Free Jumia Voucher Upto 5000 Naira
What is a voucher code?
This voucher is one of the things Jumia uses in keeping their customers coming.
How to get Jumia voucher for free?
- Login to Jumia using the Jumia app or Computer. If you are new user, make sure you create an account.
- Scroll down to the Exciting Offers & Games section. Click Jumia Box
- Tap the screen to start (using the app) or press space or click the left mouse button to start if you are using a computer.
- Play the game and get a specific number of points to get the free voucher.
- The more you play, the more you stand a chance to get more points
How to redeem a Jumia voucher?
Conditions of voucher use
- Only one voucher is redeemable per order.
- Vouchers have a limited period of validity.
- Vouchers may not be redeemable against discounted items.
- Vouchers may only be valid for particular brands and categories relevant to the campaign.
- Vouchers may have a minimum order value.
- Vouchers can only be used once.
- In the case that you return your item, your voucher’s validity will not be renewed.
There are lots of things we do unknowingly without understanding the deeper meaning. Many times while chatting on WhatsApp or Facebook with someone we do use some slangs and symbols that may have a deeper meaning but we may not even know.
Many a times, we use some Emojis on WhatsApp without knowing the deeper meaning.
Android smartphones below the budget of 60k you should consider buying during this year's Jumia Black Friday.
As Jumia Black Friday is getting closer, a lot of you guys will be looking for cheaper smartphones to buy or to replace your existing ones. I will be writing a list of Android smartphones you can can purchase with just sixty thousand naira or less.
- Gionee S12
- Infinix Smart HD
- Tecno spark 7
- Oukitel C21
- Infinix Smart 5
- Umidigi A7s
- Itel P37
- Gionee M7
- Itel A56
- Nokia C20
- Tecno pop 5
- Alcatel 1SE
- Gionee A1 lite
- And so many more...
Made your choice?
WhatsApp me on 08100418355 to place your orders.
I'm a Jumia Agent
let me be your jumia plug.
Faster delivery guaranteed
Nationwide delivery available
How To Deactivate Auto-Renewal On MTN, GLO, Airtel & 9mobile
How To Deactivate Auto-Renewal On MTN
- Send the NO Plus Subscription number to 131.
- For example, to cancel auto-renewal on MTN daily data of 40mb, SMS "NO114" to 131
- you would receive a confirmation message from MTN that your request was successful.
How To Deactivate Auto-Renewal On GLO
- Open your SMS
- Send CANCEL to 127
- You will receive a confirmation message that your request was successful
How To Deactivate Auto-Renewal On Airtel
To deactivate auto renewal on Airtel;
- Send STOP to 141, or
- Send STOPAUTORENEW to 440
- You will receive a confirmation message from Airtel that your request was successful
- Make sure you keep trying it till you get the confirmation message
You Can Now Download Your NIN Slip Using The New NIMC Mobile App
The federal government has released a mobile app and Identification Number (NIN) Slip for Public use.
The Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr Isa Ali Ibrahim (Pantami), was represented at the launch by the Director-General/Chief Executive Officer National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) Engr. Aliyu Aziz explained that the NIMC App offers a secure avenue for Nigerians and Legal residents to verify and authenticate their identities using their smartphones on-the-go.
As an integral part of Nigeria’s digitization process spearheaded by the Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy, he said the App offers a built-in harmonization process that allows for its use across other government services including FIRS, FRSC, NHIS, NPF, and NCC among others.
According to a statement by the head of Corporate Communications, NIMC, Mr Kayode Adegoke, the new improved NIN slip is pocket friendly and simple to verify and can be accessed via a self-service Portal, where persons who already have been issued the NIN, can log in, pay a small token fee, download a PDF of the document in colour (if preferred) print and laminate as desired.
“The current NIN Slip will remain valid and gradually phased out.
“The NIMC App is available on the App Store for IOS users and Google Play store for Android users. The improved NIN Slip can also be downloaded via https://dashboard.nimc.gov.ng.”
How To Save Your iPhone Battery From Running Down Fast
Iphone Settings To Turn Off
2. Cloud Analytics
Like iPhone Analytics, turning this off will improve your iPhone’s battery life and give you more privacy.
We just want to turn this off as we did for iPhone Analytics it’s just with iCloud on the same screen nice and easy.
3. Significant Locations
Significant Locations tracks the places you visit most often and saves them onto your iPhone. Turning it off will improve your battery life and help you maintain your privacy.
Significant Locations means that your iPhone keeps track of everywhere you go by using your GPS. They can then deliver relevant advertising to you, which is supposed to make your experience better but I think it’s kind of creepy.
For instance it’s really weird when you’ve had it turned on for a long time and then you go to Significant Locations. It’s like here are the ten places you’ve been and I’m like wow I had no idea! It’s like a horror movie so let’s turn off Significant Locations go back to Privacy, tap Privacy in the upper left and scroll up to Location Services. Now scroll all the way to the bottom to System Services.
You know they don’t want you to turn it off when they bury it in like five layers.
Then scroll to Significant Locations, tap on that and turn it off, if I had left it on for a week it would have my home address, gym, work and any place I’ve been so turn it off and you’ll have the option to clear the history there in case you’re freaking out which is pretty cool.
Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Significant Locations > Turn Off Significant Locations
4. System Services
Almost everything in System Services are unnecessary as they are constantly running in the background of your iPhone and draining its battery.
So let’s just tap back to Settings and we are going to turn off everything in here and this is my recommendation except for Emergency Calls & SOS, Find my iPhone and Share My Location if that’s a feature that you use.
Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services
So let’s turn off:
· Compass Calibration
· Location-Based Alerts
· Setting Time Zone — Kind turn off only if you’re traveling a lot so if you do travel just turn it on and then it fixes the time zone. Turn it back off again once you arrive, you can tell that even with it on there is a purple arrow which means that it was tracking your location to find out what time zone you were in. Wasting your battery life so if you are not traveling through time zones it doesn’t need to be checking all the time.
· WiFi Calling — Turn it off if you already have good cellphone reception in your area. So I promise you that all these things are just going to save your iPhone battery life.
Here’s the thing all these things make it seem like if you turn them off then it’s going to stop working. Except it doesn’t stop working if you turn it off a lot of this stuff is just data for Apple. So if you think you can live without it just Turn it off.
5. Limit Ad Tracking
Limit Ad Tracking will prevent advertisers from collecting more detailed information about you.
Limited Ad Tracking is off by default so this is something we are going to Turn on in order to Turn it off. All right so let’s tap back to the main Location Services menu then back to Privacy and then scroll to the bottom and tap Advertising.
· Go to Settings > Privacy > Advertising > Turn On Limit Ad Tracking
So yes by turning it on it’s going to turn off the tracking to prevent advertisers from tracking you, as you use your iPhone when connected to the Internet.
You’d be amazed how well it works to help them target your location and run ads as you move around. Collecting more information about you so keep it on as it’s kind of creepy.
6. Fetch New Data
Fetch New Data — Changing your Settings from Push to Fetch will help you save battery life.
So let’s tap Privacy in the upper left hand corner to go back, tap Settings again and scroll down to Passwords & Accounts.
· Go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Tap Every 15 Minutes > Turn Off Push > Change Accounts you want to Fetch
So with Fetch new data is set to every 15 minutes which is good with Push turned off. I recommend always turning off Push as your iPhone will always be connected to your Mail Servers and iCloud and will always be requesting mail every second, whereas Fetch means that your iPhone checks every 15 minutes or 30 minutes or however often you decide.
Whether there’s new mail so unless you’re in a situation where you need to know exactly this second when you got a new email you can save a lot of battery life, by turning off Push and changing your accounts to Fetch which you can do individually.
So Turn off Push and have Fetch enabled for your main Mail Accounts and then set up the Fetch settings at the bottom and choose every 15 minutes.
I should mention too that you can always open the Mail App and see if there’s a new email. So whenever you use the App it’s going to check as well, so most people won’t ever notice a difference except for improved battery life!
7. Background App Refresh
Background App Refresh for certain Apps — This will prevent Apps from constantly running in the background of your iPhone and draining its battery life.
· Go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh > Turn Off Apps you don’t need to be continuously updating in the background
The last setting that you should turn off right away is Background App Refresh. So let’s head back to Accounts and back to Settings, scroll up to General and then scroll down to Background App Refresh perfect.
Background App Refresh allows certain Apps to download data in the background even when you’re not using them. So I recommend going through this list and turning off Background App Refresh for Apps that don’t need to download data when you’re not using them.
So for instance the Amazon App to update when you’re not using it is generally not required same with Hulu, Nomorobo, Podcasts, Reddit, Robinhood and SEFCU in the example above.
However there might be Apps you do need to be updating in the background like an app like News or ESPN, if you want the score right now so that might be understandable. So that is exactly why you should have it on in this case perfect.
Now if your battery is still Draining Fast and or Getting Hot the best way to check the changes you have made are working, is to go to Settings and then scroll down and tap the Battery Usage by App.
· Go to Settings > Battery > Tap Battery Usage by App
You should now see the Settings App start to drop below your highest power consuming Apps. From here you can then see what Apps are actually consuming up your battery life and need to be Turned-Off right away.