How To Get Back Hacked Whatsapp Account
Has your Whatsapp Account been hacked? Cry no more.
These days everyone seems to be a victim of hacked accounts. Before it used to be just Facebook accounts that were being targeted by hackers, but now they have migrated to whatsapp.
WhatsApp is one of the most popular instant messaging apps in the world. It is owned by Facebook and has more than 2 billion users worldwide.
A lot of people have ignorantly fallen victim to this menace.
How Do Hackers Gain Access To Your Account?
The hackers tries to register your whatsapp number on their phone and a six digit code is then sent to you as a security measure to confirm if you are really the one that's trying to register on a new device.
Once the code has been sent, the hacker then tries to trick you to give them the code using different methods.
One of the major trick they use is that they will tell you they registered you for an online business where you will be paid daily or weekly if you invest your money and all they need at that mode is your registration code which was sent to you.
Once you ignorantly fall for their trick and send them the code, you have just given them full permission to access and register your account on their device and once this is done, WhatsApp will automatically log you out from your own device. This is because no one Account can be used on two phones at the same time.
If you didn't set up two-step verification on your account, getting back your account at that moment will not be possible because as soon as the hacker successfully registers your account on his/her phone, the first thing the hacker will do so to set up two-step verification and this will make him have uninterrupted usage of your account for as long as the hacker wants.
Here are the few ways you can get back your whatsapp account:
- Once you find out that your account have been hacked and you've been logged out, the next thing to do is to re-register your whatsapp on your phone and a six-digit verification code will be sent to you via SMS which whatsapp detects and logs you in automatically, while the hacker gets logged out.
- If the hacker has already enabled two-step verification on your account, you will have to wait for seven days before you can get your account back.
- In a case whereby you are unable to receive the verification code and the hacker forgot to enable two step verification on your account, you can deactivate your account.
- To deactivate your account, send an email to Whatsapp Support at [email protected] with the title “Lost/Stolen" & "Pls deactivate my account” in the body. You should get a quick response within 5 minutes in which they will ask for the affected Whatsapp number.
- Once the account gets deactivate, the hacker will no longer have access to the account and you will have to wait for 30 days before you can reactivate your account.
- If the hacker has already setup two step verification after accessing your account, the deactivation won't work. You will have to wait for 7 days before deactivating it.
Measures To Keep Your Whatsapp Account safe
- Once you get hacked and your process of getting back the account failed, the next thing to do is to inform your friends and family through phone call about it, so that they won't fall victim. This is because the hacker will be chatting with them and your friends will think you are the one, not knowing you have been hacked.
- Never ever give someone your verification code, no matter the person.
- Ensure you have enabled two-step verification on your account and keep the pin given to you very safe.
- Always check to make sure your account is not being accessed through whatsapp web. You can do this by clicking the 3 dots at the top right of your whatsapp, select whatsapp web. If you find out you are logged in on any browser, quickly click on log out of computer and all devices, if you are sure you are not the one that logged your account on any computer.
Want to get faster updates, Download our Android mobile App from Google Playstore, don't forget to give us a review and 5 star rating.