Below are 9 tips that can make a group chat active;
1. Always learn to appreciate other people's posts, even if they are not your friend
It makes them feel important and encouraged to come up with something more positive.
2. Never run people down on the platform in a group chat
You will cause them to withdraw and will never come up with their objective views on issues.
3. When you see something you don't like from a member, inbox the person
Don't attack him/her on the platform publicly
4. Never insult or use unpleasant languages on members
You expose your uncultured manners and attitude to people and may turn the platform to combat ground.
5. Be quick to say sorry and apologize when u have erred
It helps to dose down the tension which your utterances must have created.
6. Don't try to enforce your ideas or suggestions on members Nobody has monopoly of knowledge, allow majority conclusions to prevail on issues.
7. Never settle scores with anybody on a general group chat
will give others the opportunity to take sides, thereby causing others to withdraw.
8. When anyone is celebrating, he/she may not need to be your friend before you celebrate with that person.
It's the spirit of brotherliness
9. Some have the gift of talking and others the gift of reading
Learn to contribute to the group... Even if it is just using the symbol 👍... It makes people know that you appreciate the group.
There are 3 types of posts you will always see on a group chat
(A) Offensive posts.. Don't attack the person, it could be a mistake, but you can attack the posts.
(B) lnspirational/educative posts
Commend the person.. Don't just read and keep quiet.
(C) Meaningless/wrongly uninformed posts
Start by appreciating the writer, then correct the information, but don't hush him up with condemnation.
🙏Be kindly affectionate to one another 🙏